Muslim Council Wales is an affiliate of Muslim Council Britain and a broad based umbrella organisation that was set up in early 2000 to serve the needs of the Muslim community across Wales.
We operate with Mosques, Charities, Institutions and local partners to work towards the common good. We represent Welsh Muslims needs at local Government level and have strong relationships with all faith communities across Wales.
We are a not for profit organisation, head quartered in Cardiff City and have projects designed to enhance the quality of life for Welsh Muslims, build community cohesion and encourage active citizenship.
The Muslim Council of Wales was founded in 2003, as an affiliate to the Muslim Council of Britain, to reflect the devolved structure of Welsh government as well as the unique historical, social and religious context of Wales.
Below is our Declaration of Intent which guides our work.
- The Muslim Council of Wales is an accord of mosques, Muslim associations and institutions in Wales. It shall be informed and guided by the Sunnah in all its aims, policies and procedures
- It is an independent body working for the pleasure of Allah to promote consultation. Cooperation and coordination on Muslim affairs in Wales.
- It is a none-sectarian body working for the common good without interfering, displacing or isolating any existing Muslim work in the community.
- It is a broad-based representative organisation of Muslims in Wales, accommodating and reflecting the variety of social, cultural and theologicals backgrounds of Muslim communities.e) It is a body that will base its policies and decisions on consensus (shura) and the largest practicable measure of common agreement. It is a formally constituted body with a system of representation and accountability.
In light of our Declaration of Intent we have formulated a number of Objectives in consultation with our affiliates:
- To promote an accurate image of Islam and Muslims in Wales. We believe it is necessary for Muslims to be proactive in representing the true message of Islam and its teachings.
- To encourage and strengthen all existing efforts being made for the benefit of the Muslim community.
- To work for a more enlightened appreciation of Islam and Muslims in the wider society.
- To establish a position for the Muslim within British society that is fair and due rights.
- To work for the eradication of disadvantages and all forms of discrimination faced by Muslims.
- To foster better community relations and work for the good of society as a whole.
- To broaden and encourage intergration between Muslims and non-Muslims to ensure the creation of a strong and cohesive Welsh society.
- To present an Islamic perspective on issues of importance to the Welsh public. In offering that perspective, we seek to empower the Muslim community in Wales through political and social activism through the following methods.
If you would like more information on the Muslim Council of Wales, please contact us by calling: 029 2048 7667 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org